
Stratford Police have set up a tips line for anyone with information regarding Monday night's bomb threat at the Stratford Festival.
STRATFORD - Stratford Police are continuing to investigate a bomb threat against the Stratford Festival.
Theatre-goers had to be evacuated from the Avon and Festival theatres Monday night. Police searched the area afterwards but they did not find anything suspicious.
Deputy Chief Sam Theocharis says their investigation is ongoing.
"Since then we've changed the course of our investigation from public safety to an actual criminal investigation. We've provided a tips line to Stratford Police to assist us with anybody that has information regarding this event."
Those with information should call 519-271-4147 with extension 500. They can also contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477
Theocharis says this is a very serious matter.
"A bomb threat to a location such as the Stratford Festival, which at the time had over 1,800 people in attendance plus staff, is a very significant situation for us to deal with along with the festival themselves."
Comments
Add a comment