
Premier Doug Ford addressed the housing crisis, hospital capacity and broadband internet during his remarks for the ROMA Conference this morning.
ONTARIO - Premier Doug Ford says his government will not wait any longer to address the housing crisis in Ontario.
The Rural Ontario Municipal Association Conference kicked off yesterday and Premier Ford delivered his remarks this morning.
He said Ontario's population is expected to increase by more than 2-million people over the next decade. He spoke with the big city mayors about the housing crisis last week, but adds this issue also has a big impact on rural Ontario.
Ford also addressed hospital capacity this morning. He said the Omicron variant has been hard on communities across the province in both rural and urban areas.
"The pandemic has made it clear that we must not stop building the modern hospital capacity this province needs. So, we will continue to deliver more hospitals all across Ontario, making the largest investments in provincial history to ensure that people can get the healthcare they need regardless of where they live."
Ford also talked a lot about infrastructure, including broadband internet. He says his government is investing close to $4-billion over the next six years to improve broadband infrastructure across the province.
The theme of the ROMA conference is Rural Opportunities. Ford says this theme is really close to his heart because small towns and communities are "the lifeblood of this province."
I want to thank all members of @ROMA_Ont and Minister @SteveClarkPC for participating virtually today. I look forward to working together to improve our trades programs and solve housing issues including those faced by northern & rural communities in our province. pic.twitter.com/MBZwk9dlmR
— Doug Ford (@fordnation) January 23, 2022
Comments
Add a comment